Tuesday, January 26, 2010

At Loughborough

Hey all

Finally I have arrived at Loughborough University, after quite a journey.
I started off flying from Aarhus at around 10 in the morning, and then landed in Stansted an hour and 15 mins later. Then I had to go from Stansted to London, and go to Kings Cross, to catch an East Midlands train to Loughborough.
When I got there I took a cab to the University, and had to start off getting my key to my room. It was a pretty stressful arrival, because I had so much luggage and I didn´t know the place at all - besides that it was already dark when I arrived, so it made it a bit harder than it already was.

I settled in, and unpacked, and could finally relax a bit.

Today I had my first practice at 11 this morning, where I practiced for an hour with other performance players, and then played around an hour with a perfomance guy, who´s a really nice guy.
It´s nice already getting to know people around here, so you can ask for help and chat etc. It makes it a bit easier to adjust, which has been very very hard to be honest.

Else I went to town to get a heck of a lot of stuff - everything from plates and forks to soap and towels. When I was about to pay my card suddenly didn´t work - not even for withdrawing cash. So I had to leave everything I bought at the store,a dn come back tomorrow and get it. Really really annoying.

Also I got my first match tomorrow. We are facing Nottingham University at 10 am, so it´s gonna be really exciting, and ´m really excited that I´m already getting to play matches this early on.

Anyway, it´s nice to be here, but it´s gonna take some time to settle in - but I´ll be ok.
That´s all for now, I´ll be back tomorrow with news about the match and maybe some pics

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment