Tuesday, December 30, 2008

1st round defeat..

I only got one match in Tengo Cup in Naestved.
It was a really close encounter against a guy I have previously lost to, a couple of years ago.
He´s a very solid player, with good results and a good game, so I knew it was gonna be tough, and I had to rely on my serve and being aggressive from the first point.

It seemed to work well in the beginning, and I wass up 40-0 in his service game, which was also the very first game of the match. I did not break him though, but did twice later in the set, and won it 6-3.
In the second set he started to play much better, and when his game is working it´s really tough to do anything. He won the set 6-2, and I just had to accept that he played very well in the set, and I needed to restart from the beginning of the final set.
I started well again, and had my chance at 2-1 in the second, and triple break point. I missed a big big chance with a forehand in a rally where I was in absolute control, and afterwards he played to good points, and he held his serve. And then a classic example of what happens so often after you miss an opportunity like that. I got broken at 5-40, after a bad service game, and I never got the chance to break back, though I had a couple of chances as far as I remember :=)

Anyway, I lost the final set 6-4, and was, with every reason I think, very bitter afterwards. A frustrating feeling to lose a match like that - where I felt I was the better player that specific day - but well that´s tennis - and that´s also the beauty of the game.

Next up is the regional championships in one and a half week - the draw is not yet out, but there is also double, where I´m teaming up with a guy whu used to play in the same club as me, so that´s gonna be fun.

Sorry that there are no pics - thanks for reading, hope it´s enjoyable :=)

1 comment:

  1. Hittade denna blog på Tennis Warehouse talk tennis. Det blir kul att följa denna blog framöver.
    Tillykke med din tennis.

    mvh
    henke

    ReplyDelete